For more information about the current phase of this project, visit nevadadot.com/northvalleys
Phase 1B: Future Widening of U.S. 395 Between North McCarran Blvd. and Golden Valley Rd.
To enhance traffic mobility and safety, NDOT is currently conducting environmental review and design engineering, and anticipates beginning construction on the following U.S. 395 North Valleys improvement project by 2023:
- Add one additional lane to southbound U.S. 395 between McCarran Boulevard and Golden Valley Road. This new lane will be constructed in the existing inside median of the southbound freeway.
- Construct additional designated merging lanes between each freeway ramp in both directions on U.S. 395 between McCarran Boulevard and Golden Valley Road.
- Repave U.S. 395 between McCarran Boulevard and Golden Valley Road.
- Construct a “braided” freeway ramp along northbound U.S. 395 between the Panther Valley on-ramp and Golden Valley Road for safer, smoother traffic flow.
Phase 2: Future Widening of U.S. 395 Between Golden Valley Rd. and Stead Blvd.
The second phase of U.S. 395 improvements will include:
- Add one additional lane to southbound U.S. 395 between Golden Valley Road and Lemmon Drive.
- Construct additional designated merging lanes between each freeway ramp in both directions on U.S. 395 between Golden Valley Road and Lemmon Drive.
- Add one additional lane to northbound and southbound U.S. 395 between Golden Valley Road and Stead Boulevard.
- Repave U.S. 395 between Golden Valley Road and Stead Boulevard.
- Construct a diverging diamond interchange underneath U.S. 395 at Lemmon Drive.
These improvements are anticipated to begin construction in 2026.
Improvements are projected to be made within NDOT's roadway right-of-way, and no acquisition of private property is anticipated for the project. The exact schedule for these improvements may change based on utility, right-of-way, funding, and other environmental clearance processes.
Project Map and Timeline
Project Fact Sheet- Click Here
Future Spaghetti Bowl Enhancements Will Also Improve North Valleys Travel
Beginning in early 2020 and progressing through the coming two decades, we will renovate the spaghetti bowl and surrounding interstates. These future spaghetti bowl improvements will serve to enhance traffic flow to and from the North Valleys, reducing an existing traffic congestion point traveling from the North Valleys through the spaghetti bowl.
You can learn more about Reno/Sparks Spaghetti Bowl project and access important resources here.