The Department is pleased to announce the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) 2021 / 2022 will be open in early 2020.
The Nevada State Department of Transportation (NDOT) is preparing for the potential federal funding to support bicycle, pedestrian, multi-use path and transportation-related projects. Applications for the FY 2021-2022 funding opportunity will be made available in early 2020.
TAP funds are made available to the State through the Federal Highway Administration and administered by the Nevada State Department of Transportation. These programs will provide up to 95 percent of project-related cost, with the remaining 5 percent provided by project sponsors.
TAP projects are selected via a competitive scoring process based on criteria described in the TAP Guidance and Scoring Criteria below.
For additional information on eligible project activities, and other important information, please refer to the application resource materials below.The information provided below will be updated as it becomes available.
Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP)
The Transportation Alternatives Program provides federal funds for community-based projects that expand travel choices and enhance the transportation experience by integrating modes and improving the cultural, historic, and environmental aspects of our transportation infrastructure.
- On-road and off-road pedestrian and bicycle facilities
- Infrastructure projects for improving non-driver access to public transportation and enhanced mobility
- Community improvement activities
- Environmental mitigation
- Safe Routes to School projects
- Streetscape improvements
- Refurbishment of historic transportation facilities
- Other investments that enhance communities
State Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Tap Information
Information will be added as made available
Past TAP Information
- 2019 & 2020 TAP Guidance
- Scoring Criteria
- Eligible Infrastructure TAP Categories
- Eligible Non-Infrastructure TAP Categories
- Call For Projects Timeline
Current TAP Projects
- Available by 11/1/2019
Past TAP Projects
- 2010 Census District 1 Map
- 2010 Census Clark Map
- 2010 Census NW Nevada Map
- 2010 Census District 2 Map
- 2010 Census District 3 Map
- 2010 Census State Map
Additional TA Information
- FHWA Transportation Alternatives (TA) Website
- Federal TAP Guidance
- FAST Act Transportation Alternatives Fact Sheet
- Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program
- Transportation Alternatives Clearinghouse
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Bicycle and Pedestrian
- Nevada's Bicycle and Pedestrian Website
- Nevada's Safe Routes to School Program
- FHWA Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program Website
- Transportation Enhancement (TE) Activities
- Federal Recreational Trails Program (RTP) Website
- Nevada Recreational Trails Program
- LPA Manual
|Janie Fromm||TAP Program Administrator||(775) 888-7727||TAP-Program@dot.nv.gov|
|Scott Bohemier||TAP Program Manager||(775) 888-7433||TAP-Program@dot.nv.gov|