The I-15/Starr Avenue Interchange adds a key link to one of the most highly traveled corridors in Clark County. It will enhance local access and mobility by connecting Starr Avenue from the west side of I-15 at Dean Martin Drive to the east side of I-15 at Las Vegas Boulevard. The project will help reduce crashes and alleviate existing and projected congestion on local streets that access I-15 and I-215 via Eastern Avenue, Cactus Avenue, and St. Rose Parkway.
The scope of this project is to design and construct the new interchange. The design consists of raising the I-15 freeway over Starr Avenue, while Starr Avenue remains at its existing grade.
- Bird's eye animation of the interchange
- Drive-through animation of I-15 Northbound over Starr
- Drive-through animation of the I-15 Southbound Exit Ramp
- Fact sheet
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Other aspects of the project:
- Tight urban diamond interchange configuration
- I-15 constructed to account for future widening
- Starr Avenue constructed from Las Vegas Boulevard to Dean Martin Drive
- Traffic signals, signing, lighting, and drainage features
NDOT is delivering the project via the traditional design-bid-build method, with design conducted by NDOT’s professional engineers. Construction started in 2017 and is expected to be complete by mid-2019.
- Final Design Completion: Spring 2017
- Construction Start: Early 2018
- Construction Completion: September 2019
Where Are We?
The new I-15 bridge structure over Starr Avenue has been completed. In the coming months, the contractor will work to divert the I-15 traffic to the permanent Interstate 15 alignment. Once that phase is complete, it will free up the space to construct the Starr Avenue roadway improvements between Dean Martin and Las Vegas Boulevard, the interchange ramps connecting I-15 to Starr and the adjacent landscape and aesthetics.
The Starr Interchange project is being funded by federal, state, and local Fuel Revenue Indexing (FRI) sources. The estimated construction cost is $42 - $54 million.
- Bird's Eye View Rendering
- Public Meeting Handout Materials
- Environmental Assessment Report
- Environmental Assessment Appendices
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fact Sheet
Ryan Wheeler, PE
NDOT Senior Project Manager