Through the NEPA Process, alternatives are evaluated to meet the project’s Purpose and Need. Overall, the process will include:
- Establishing the project’s Purpose and Need.
- Examine the range of alternatives and evaluate recommendations of previous studies to identify one or more alternatives for detailed environmental study. A no-action alternative will also be evaluated.
- Inventory existing environmental conditions and resources including:
- Air Quality
- Environmental Justice
- Hazardous Materials
- Historic Properties
- Public Parks and Recreation Areas
- Socioeconomic Considerations
- Traffic Noise
- Visual Resources
- Water Quality and Hydrology
- Document potential project impacts and expected mitigation measures.
- Document public and agency involvement
NDOT and FHWA have prepared an Environmental Assessment (EA) for this project. As currently scheduled, the key milestones and dates are:
- Public review of EA (November 5, 2019 - December 4, 2019)
- Public Hearing (November 19, 2019)
- Request approval of Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) (December 2019)