Show/Hide

exclamation mark

Road Closed with a Lane Shift due to a Road Hazard - on SR-582/Boulder Hwy northbound between Russell Rd and Sunset Rd in Henderson, Clark County Nevada. One lane of northbound travel available on the southbound side of Boulder Hwy. Use caution around flaggers and emergency personnel.
               [Click for More Information]

 

Enhanced Mobility

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities (§5310) Program

logo.2

Section 5311, (49 U.S.C. 5310) Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities, provides formula funding to states for the purpose of assisting private nonprofit organizations or governmental entities in meeting the transportation needs of the elderly and persons with disabilities.

The NDOT funds Section 5310 projects at 80 percent of the cost of capital projects; the remaining 20 percent must be provided by local funding, which may be derived from other federal (non-U.S. DOT) transportation sources. Only capital projects are eligible for funding under the NDOT’s Section 5310 program.

Funding under this program in Nevada requires a 20% local match.

Eligible subrecipients are private non-profit organizations, governmental authorities where no non-profit organizations are available to provide service, and governmental authorities approved to coordinate services.

The Federal Transit Administration has defined the goals of the 5310 Program to:

  • Enhance mobility for seniors and persons with disabilities by providing Federal Transit Administration funds for programs in small urbanized and rural areas that serve the special needs of transit-dependent populations beyond traditional public transportation services and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) complementary paratransit services.

The Section 5310 Program provides capital funding for purchases to:

1) Serve the special needs of transit-dependent populations beyond traditional public transportation services, where public transportation is in-sufficient, inappropriate, or unavailable;

2) Fund capital projects that exceed the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);

3) Fund capital projects that improve access to fixed-route service and decreased reliance on complimentary paratransit; and

4) Fund capital projects that are alternatives to public transportation. 

Eligible subrecipients are private non-profit organizations, governmental authorities where no non-profit organizations are available to provide service, and governmental authorities approved to coordinate services.

Resources