Road Closed (Wildland Fire) - on SR-158/Deer Creek Rd on Mount Charleston, Clark County Nevada. Use other routes. No One Allowed - Evacuation Orders in place.

Click Here for further Road Conditions




COVID-19: Those recently diagnosed/exhibiting virus symptoms advised to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Nevadans urged to avoid unnecessary travel to greatest extent possible. Click here

Temporary Occupancy, Special Events

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) grants permits for temporary use of State roadway. These temporary occupancy permits must be secured before using State roadway or adjoining State right-of-way for all organized activities and events, including:

  • Hazardous Clean-up
  • Parades
  • Vehicle rallies/races
  • Special Events*
  • Photography/filming*
  • Temporary construction access/traffic control
  • All other special, temporary uses*

To be considered for temporary use of State roadways, you will need to submit a temporary occupancy permit application, including details, location(s) and schedule of the proposed use of State roadway. Proof of insurance and financial security, a nominal application fee, depending on type of application, as well as any necessary professional traffic control plans, written agreements with law enforcement and/or other government agencies and description of planned mitigation to restore NDOT right-of-way to equivalent or better condition than prior to event may also be required.

It is recommended that you submit your temporary occupancy permit application two months prior to the event, or further in advance for larger events that may include detailed traffic control plans and/or contractual agreements with law enforcement and other government agencies.

Kindly remember that no organized event or other use of State roadway is authorized until an approved permit is processed and all provisions of the permit met. The Permittee must obtain any and all other permits that may be required by State law or local ordinance.

Note: A temporary permit may be required for temporary construction or maintenance activities in areas with a permanent encroachment permit.

* Events for non-highway uses may be subject to a Right-of-Way Use Agreement and fair market value charges. If you believe your event may be for a non-highway use, please contact the appropriate office below at least 4 months in advance of your planned event to begin the permit process. 

Please contact one of the offices below, nearest your event, to obtain the necessary forms/application with the permitting process instructions.

Las Vegas (includes Tonopah and Caliente)

123 E. Washington Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89101
(702) 385-6500

Reno (includes Carson City)

310 Galletti Way
Sparks, NV 89431
(775) 834-8300


725 W. 4th Street
Winnemucca, NV 89445
(775) 623-8015


1951 Idaho Street
Elko, NV 89801
(775) 777-2700


1401 East Aultman Street
Ely, NV 89301
(775) 289-1706

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer