Road Closed (Wildland Fire) - on SR-158/Deer Creek Rd on Mount Charleston, Clark County Nevada. Use other routes. No One Allowed - Evacuation Orders in place.

Click Here for further Road Conditions




COVID-19: Those recently diagnosed/exhibiting virus symptoms advised to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Nevadans urged to avoid unnecessary travel to greatest extent possible. Click here


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Please contact the district office nearest your project to submit the form/application below.

Las Vegas (includes Tonopah and Caliente)

123 E. Washington Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89101
(702) 385-6500

Reno (includes Carson City)

310 Galletti Way
Sparks, NV 89431
(775) 834-8300


725 W. 4th Street
Winnemucca, NV 89445
(775) 623-8015


1951 Idaho Street
Elko, NV 89801
(775) 777-2700


1401 East Aultman Street
Ely, NV 89301
(775) 289-1706

The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) grants permits for permanent installations within State right-of-way and in areas maintained by the State. Installations requiring occupancy permits include, but are not limited to the following:

  • Street improvements
  • Utility installation
  • Traffic signals and related installations
  • Drainage installations
  • Landscaping, multi-use trails
  • Commercial off-site use
  • Interchanges, grade separations
  • All other special uses of a year or longer duration

An encroachment permit and an NDOT-approved traffic control plan must be secured before performing this type of work within NDOT right-of-way.

To be considered for placing an installation within State right-of-way, you will need to first submit an encroachment permit application to your local NDOT administrative offices. A fee will be required, with the amount being contingent upon the category of permit required.

A site plan rendering roadway features may be necessary, along with an advance meeting to review preliminary plans with an NDOT District Traffic Engineer. This meeting may help avoid making multiple sets of plans before construction elements are acceptable for review. A traffic study may be required, along with other items.

Upon approval of an NDOT permit, the Permittee will contact the appropriate NDOT permit office in advance of construction to activate the permit and schedule a pre-construction meeting with an NDOT inspector.

Advertising is not allowed within NDOT right-of-way.

Kindly remember that no use of State roadway is authorized until an encroachment permit has been processed and approved. The Permittee must also obtain any and all other permits that may be required by State law or local ordinance.