For questions or concerns regarding documents and manuals, please contact
NDOT Stormwater Division (775)-888-7771
Stormwater Program Overview
- Stormwater Program Overview 2015
- Stormwater Management Brochure 2015
- Guide to the NDOT Stormwater Management Program with Hydro-Regions map
NDOT Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) and IDDE Program
Through the development and implementation of this SWMP, NDOT will create a comprehensive storm water program throughout the state. NDOT has organized this SWMP by the major program elements including a separate storm water management program specific to the Clear Creek watershed.
NDOT Stormwater Management Program Annual Reports
- Stormwater Management Program Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2016
- Stormwater Management Program Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2015
- Stormwater Management Program Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2014
Field Guide for Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
Contractors and Consultants
- Nevada Contractor's Field Guide for Construction BMP's
- Construction Site Stormwater Inspection Form 018-001WPCM
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Template for Construction Activities 018-002SWPPP
- Notice to Reduce Frequency of Stormwater Inspections 018-05RF
- Facility Pollution Prevention Plan for Major and Minor Maintenance Facilities
- Maintenance Facility Best Management Practices Manual
- Field Guide for Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
Water Quality (BMP) Manuals And Checklists
The Nevada Department of Transportation has prepared two Water Quality Manuals, the Planning and Design Guide and the Construction Site Best Management Practices Manual, to assist in compliance with the Clean Water Act, as well as state and local regulations. These manuals are not intended to establish a legal standard of care of conduct. These manuals are subject to modification, revision, and addendum as conditions warrant.
The NDOT Construction Site Best Management Practices Manual is not available for purchase however it is available for download.
Updates to this manual will be listed as addendums and posted for download from this website. Notification of posted updates will not be provided.
Planning and Design Guide
The Planning and Design Guide (PDG) manual, part of NDOT's water quality, erosion, and sediment control program, provides information and procedures relevant to the storm water activities and responsibilities of the Nevada Department of Transportation. The PDG addresses key regulatory, policy, and technical requirements to incorporate permanent stormwater Best Management Practices into the planning and design of applicable NDOT projects.
Construction Site Best Management Practices
- 2006 Construction Site Best Management Practices (9 MB)
This manual, part of NDOT's statewide effort to prevent pollution in stormwater runoff from construction projects, addresses minimum contractor requirements for selecting, implementing and maintaining Construction Site Best Management Practices. This manual is not available for purchase however it is available for download.
NDOT's Clear Creek Erosion Control Program and Projects 2015
- Clear Creek Erosion Control Program
- US 50 Storm Drain Projects
- USGS Water Quality Monitoring Data
- NDOT Ground Water Monitoring
EPA Audit / Reporting
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) conducted, from August 9 through 12, 2011, an audit of the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program. The audit assessed compliance with NDOT's 2010 MS4 permit and evaluated NDOT's implementation of its 2005 statewide Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP), as required by the previous permit, issued in 2004.
The 2004 and 2010 Permits prescribe specific requirements for SWMP elements and timelines for implementation. The 2005 SWMP details practices and procedures NDOT uses to control the discharge of pollutants in stormwater.
EPA reviewed documents, met and interviewed staff to gather information on overall program management, and conducted field inspections at NDOT construction sites and maintenance facilities. Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP) accompanied EPA throughout the audit. At the conclusion of the audit, EPA shared an initial assessment with the NDOT representatives.
This report includes background information and presents audit findings which are separated into four categories: noteworthy program elements; recommendations for improvements; program deficiencies; and potential permit violations. NDOT submitted a written response to the US EPA Audit Report dated June 26, 2012, addressing the potential permit violations noted during the 2011 audit.