The Product Evaluation Program serves as a clearinghouse for the evaluation and approval of products for use on the Nevada Department of Transportation’s (NDOT) construction and maintenance projects. The program is covered in depth in Chapter Two of the Research Manual. The program provides industry with a formal process that ensures products are evaluated fairly and consistently so that quality innovative products are available for use by the Department and its contractors. These approved products are listed on the Qualified Products List (QPL).
Qualified Products List (QPL)
Contractors are required to use the actual Qualified Products List (QPL) as specified by the date in the contract Special Provisions under the "Notice to Contractors." This dated QPL is distributed to the contractors along with contract documents. NOTE: Products listed on the QPL do not guarantee that the product meets "BUY AMERICA" certification.
If you are a manufacturer or distributor of a product which would be may be useful to NDOT, we invite you to apply for product evaluation using the forms below.
Forms & Information
Product Evaluation Applications
NDOT QPL Acceptance Criteria
- Category 214.02.01 Mailbox Support Systems (Type C)
- Category 401.03.02 Asphalt Release Agents
- Category 408.02.05 All Weather Asphalt Cold Patch
- Category 502.03.22 Joint Sealer (Along Edges of Concrete Barrier Rail)
- Category 613.02.01 Detectable Warnings (ADA Tile)
- Category 616.02.01 Plastic Fence Fabric
- Category 618.02.01 Guardrail Offset Blocks
- Category 618.02.01a Guardrail Terminal
- Category 625.02.04 Impact Attenuator (Temporary)
- Category 625.02.05 Impact Attenuator (Truck Mounted)
- Category 625.02.06 Water Filled Barrier Rail
- Category 641.02.01 Impact Attenuators
- Category 642.02.02 Concrete Panel Wall Systems
- Category 646.02.05 Liquid Membrane