The Signs, Striping and Traffic Control section’s mission is to maximize safety and mobility for road users through the design/application of clear and consistent signing, striping and temporary traffic control.
What do we do?
Develop roadway signing plans, specifications, and estimates.
Participate in the development of temporary traffic control plans and compile information for Transportation Management Plan documents.
- Review striping and pavement marking plans for compliance with Department standards.
- Review consultant designed, maintenance, and district contract plans for accuracy and compliance with Department Standards.
- Review and approve product submittals for compliance with NDOT specifications. Products reviewed include pavement marking materials, temporary traffic control devices, object markers, and sign materials.
- Assist NDOT divisions and local agencies with concerns related to signs and pavement markings.
- Review and approval of permit applications.
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Standard Highway Signs 2004 Edition (for use with 2009 MUTCD)
- Standard Highway Signs 2012 Supplement (for use with 2009 MUTCD)
- Casey Sylvester, P.E. - Manager 1 Signs, Striping & Traffic Control
- Phone: (775) 888-7563
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org