The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) has prepared the Nevada Sign Supplement 2006 manual to provide engineers and designers a reference for sign designs that are specific to Nevada and is a supplement to the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Standard Highway Signs manual.
The Nevada Sign Supplement uses a new format for ease of locating signs and better recognition of sign classifications. It replaces the 1997 Nevada Sign Supplement. Some of the changes are:
- Organized by sign classification.
- An improved naming convention that closely resembles the FHWA Standard Highway Signs manual.
- A new category that includes arrow details and their use.
- A section for animal graphics.
This sign supplement is a valuable resource for anyone interested in highway signs specific to Nevada that are not included in the FHWA Standard Highway Signs manual.
To accommodate various equipment capabilities and individual needs the document is posted in one complete file or segmented into eight smaller sections.
2006 Highway Sign Supplement
- Report Cover (88 kB)
- Table of Contents (37 kB)
- Regulatory Signs (6.8 MB)
- Warning Signs (3.8 MB)
- Guide Signs (8.2 MB)
- Animal Graphic Overlays (1.1 MB)
- Sign Arrows (734 kB)
- Index (35 kB)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact:
Safety / Traffic Division
Signs, Markings and Traffic Control Section
1263 South Stewart Street
Carson City, Nevada 89712