Comprised of three core working groups, the Geospatial Data Services team provides maps, imagery, and GIS data to a wide array of consumers throughout the Department. Some of these products are also available to the public, including the popular Nevada Map Atlas, aerial imagery, and GIS data.
For more information:
- General Cartography & Map Sales
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) – see below
- Imagery Services – (775) 888-7161
- NDOT Roads - Description (PDF)
- Road Weather Information System (RWIS) sites in Nevada - Description (PDF)
- Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) transmitters sites in Nevada - Description (PDF)
- County lines for the state of Nevada - Description (PDF)
- NDOT District Boundaries - Description (PDF)
- Milepost reference points in Nevada - Description (PDF)
- Roadside Assistant - Description (PDF)
- Active Railroads in Nevada - Description (PDF)
- Interchange Names - Description (PDF)
NDOT GIS Data is optimally viewed using the file geodatabase format, which is compatible with most modern GIS applications, including Esri’s ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Explorer Desktop.
If you cannot use a file geodatabase, please contact Jeff Schmitz for a suitable alternative: (775) 888-7166.
More information about the difference between shapefile and file geodatabase formats can be found here.
These data are for general reference purposes only. Nevada Department of Transportation assumes no liability for the misuse or misinterpretation of the data and has no claim as to the completeness, usefulness, or accuracy of its content, positional or otherwise.
For more general information about Geospatial Data products and services contact:
John Burgess, P.L.S., Geospatial Data Services Manager