I-15 Traffic Switches, Ramp Changes Sept. 26-Oct. 3 in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS, NEV. – The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) will be making the following Interstate 15 traffic switches and Charleston Boulevard ramp changes in downtown Las Vegas.
September 26 (starting at 6 a.m.)
- Interstate 15 northbound traffic will travel over new pavement
- Interstate 15 northbound off-ramp to Charleston Boulevard westbound will exit early (just north of Sahara Avenue)
September 29 (starting at 8 a.m.)
- Interstate 15 northbound off-ramp to Charleston Boulevard westbound will exit closer to Charleston, with a slightly modified configuration
October 3 (starting at 6 a.m.)
- Interstate 15 southbound traffic will travel over new pavement
- Interstate 15 southbound off-ramp to Charleston Boulevard will become a right-hand exit
The lane switches and ramp changes are related to work for “The Main Event,” the third and final phase of work for Project Neon’s nearly $1 billion 4-mile-long widening of Interstate 15 from the U.S. 95 interchange to Sahara Avenue. Kiewit Infrastructure West Co. is the design-build general contractor, with Atkins North America as lead designer. Project Neon is 81 percent finished and scheduled for substantial completion in the summer of 2019.
Motorists should use caution while travelling through the work zone, heed construction signage, and take alternate detour routes, if possible. Check the Project Neon website (NDOTProjectNeon.com) or Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages (@NDOTProjectNeon) for up to date information. There is also a free smart phone app available, plus a hotline available in both English and Spanish at: 702-293-NEON (6366). NDOT works with Waze to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but unscheduled construction changes, closures and restrictions are possible due to weather or other factors. For the latest state highway conditions, visit nvroads.com or call 511 before driving.