Date Published: 2010-04-13
Contact: Meg Ragonese
Phone: (775) 888-7172
Title: Construction Begins on Northbound 395 Reno Project
Restriping will begin tonight on U.S. 395 northbound from Moana Lane to the I-80/Spaghetti Bowl and the speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph beginning Wednesday, April 14, according to the Nevada Department of Transportation.
The $31 million widening project, awarded to Granite Construction Co., involves widening the northbound lanes of U.S. 395 from Moana Lane to the I-80/Spaghetti Bowl. The work will result in a shift in the traffic lanes and a reduced speed limit from 65 to 55 miles per hour, which will remain in place during the entire project.
Reduced speed limits will be enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Restriping work will begin at 9 p.m. tonight and end by 5 a.m. tomorrow and will continue until next week. There will also be ramp closures throughout the week during night.
Please be advised of the following guidelines during the completion of this project:
• This will be an active work zone 24/7, and the speed limit will be reduced from 65 mph to 55 mph
• Travel lanes are being reduced in width from 12 feet to 11 feet
• The amount of travel lanes may be reduced during off-peak hours and weekends
• There will not be any emergency lanes or shoulder space in the work zone
• There will be two accident investigation sites, or pull outs, in the dedicated work zone where disabled vehicles will be moved to and where crash reports will be taken
• There will be tow trucks available on short notice that have been contracted to move disabled vehicles from the work zone
• If vehicles involved in a non-injury crash are drivable, they will be moved to an adjacent off ramp or other safe location where a report will be taken.