Interim Safety Improvements
Safety is the primary objective for interim improvements on US 93 at the following locations:
- Lake Mountain Drive: islands are proposed to enhance safety in the following ways:
- Provides raised median to delineate intersection access.
- Provides a refuge for vehicles turning left to accelerate into US 93 traffic.
- Provides a protected southbound right turn to allow for acceleration into the adjacent traffic flow.
- Pacifica: islands are proposed here for similar safety effects.
- Ville Drive is also similar to Lake Mountain Drive. These enhancements should be especially effective near the top of the grade.
Other improvements include new overhead signage south of Nevada Way, and rumble strips just north of Nevada Way to alert southbound traffic of the upcoming intersection.
The interim safety Projects have been completed.