The Performance Analysis section helps pave the road to the Nevada Department of Transportation success. The information provided by Performance Analysis encompasses a large variety of value engineering data, analysis and recommendations to support the department's mission and goals.
Performance Analysis is a powerful tool to support the department’s ability to monitor and implement effective process change. The success of this division comes by the implementation and awareness of theoretical work and experience of operations research and process improvement methodologies within the Department of Transportation.
The following outlines the section's scope and services:
- Direct the Department’s financial planning efforts and conduct special studies regarding transportation funding, including cost allocation studies and distance-based road user fees.
- Provide engineering support for innovative planning and program development activities.
- Conduct special investigations of engineering or operational problems, and analyze, evaluate, and recommend measures for improvement.
- Coordinate the department’s effort for performance measures plan, including the AB 595 reporting requirements.
- Report the progress of our highway preservation program, including the condition of our state highways, an action plan for improving them, and the long-term financial needs.
- Conduct and coordinate value-analysis studies.
- Lead the department’s efforts to plan, design, and implement Intelligent Transportation Systems for Commercial Vehicle Operations.
- Report fuel-use statistics to the Federal Highway Administration for use in federal highway apportionment formulas and general statistical reports.
- Conduct or coordinate cost-benefit studies for the Department.
NDOT Facts and Figures (Factbook)
Current and Previous Publications
Nevada Department of Transportation
1263 S. Stewart St.
Carson City, NV 89712
Peter Aiyuk, P.E.