NDOT IT Mission Statement: Information Technology collaborates with partners inside and out of NDOT to deliver secure, easily accessible technology services, when and where they're needed, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We promote a cost-effective, technology-enabled work environment to enable NDOT the ability to deliver on its mission.
View the entire NDOT Mission Statement
Organization and Major Responsibilities
The NDOT Information Technology section is managed under the NDOT Administration Division.
Working within the current State budget to get maximum productivity, we use the most efficient means available to provide the public with vital transportation information and accomplish the tasks and projects necessary to meet NDOT goals and responsibilities.
NDOT IT manages all technical functions for NDOT.
- NDOT Information Technology functions with a staff of 60 employees and contractors. View the organization chart.
- NDOT IT manages over 2700 devices including PCs, mobile devices, servers, routers and switches on multiple networks.
- We have staff located in Carson City and Las Vegas. Technicians travel throughout the State to take care of the outlying areas.
Major IT Projects and Accomplishments
Working within the current State budget to get maximum productivity we use the most efficient means available to provide the public with vital transportation information and accomplish the tasks and projects necessary to meet NDOT goals and responsibilities.
- Provide technical support and hosting for approximately 1700 informational pages on the NevadaDot.com website and other projects and program websites
- Support for vital traveler informatioin services, such as hosting traffic cameras for major cities in Nevada and the Road Weather Information System (RWIS).
- Support enhancement of 800 Mhz Radio network of rural emergency and law enforcement dispatch radio and other vital communications networks.
- Support Electronic Bidding System to enable vendors to enter bids for NDOT projects
- Total redesign of the NevadaDot.com web site using the Ektron CMS (Content Management System)
To send us information or request information about the NDOT Information Technology section or NDOT general information please use the E-mail Comments page.
If you are having problems with the Web Site or find an error please contact the Webmaster, the NDOT Helpdesk or phone 775-888-7770.
If you are interested in pursuing a career with NDOT Information Technology please visit the NDOT Employment web page or go to the State of Nevada Employment web page.
Nevada Department of Transportation
1263 S. Stewart Street
Carson City, NV 89712
Main Telephone: (775) 888-7770
Fax: (775) 888-7305